约伯记 第 35 章

1. 以利户继续说, Then Elihu continued and said,

2. 你说,我的公义胜于神的公义;你以为这样说有理, Do you consider this to be just, Do you say, My righteousness is more than God's,

3. 所以才说,这与我有什么益处?我不犯罪比犯罪有什么好处? That you say, What advantage is there to me, What do I profit, more than if I had sinned?

4. 我要用言语回答你,和在你这里的朋友。 I will respond to you with words, And to your companions with you.

5. 你当向天观看,瞻望那高于你的穹苍。 Look unto heaven and see; And behold the skies: They are higher than you.

6. 你若犯罪,对神能造成什么妨碍?你的过犯增多,对神能作出什么损害? If you sin, what do you accomplish against Him? And if your transgressions are multiplied, what do you do to Him?

7. 你若是公义,能给祂什么?或者祂能从你手里接受什么? If you are righteous, what can you give to Him, Or what does He receive from your hand?

8. 你的邪恶只能害像你这样的人,你的公义只能叫世人得益处。 Your wickedness affects a man like you, And your righteousness, a son of man.

9. 人因多受欺压就哀求,因强权者的辖制便呼救; Because of the multitude of oppressions they cry out; They cry for help because of the arm of the mighty.

10. 却无人说,造我的神在那里?祂使人夜间歌唱, But no one says, Where is God my Maker, Who gives songs in the night,

11. 教训我们胜于地上的走兽,使我们有智慧胜于空中的飞鸟。 Who teaches us more than the beasts of the earth And makes us wiser than the birds of heaven?

12. 他们在那里,因恶人的骄傲呼求,祂却不答应。 There they cry, but He does not answer, Because of the pride of evil men.

13. 虚妄的呼求,神必不垂听,全能者也必不理会。 Surely God does not hear an empty cry, And the Almighty does not regard it.

14. 何况你说,你不得见祂,你的案件在祂面前,你正等候祂! How much less when you say that you do not behold Him, That the cause is before Him and you are waiting on Him!

15. 但如今因祂未曾在怒中查究,也不甚理会狂傲, But now, because He has not visited in His anger Nor regarded such great arrogance,

16. 所以约伯开口说虚妄的话,多发无知识的言语。 Job opens his mouth in vanity; He multiplies words without knowledge.