约伯记 第 8 章

1. 书亚人比勒达回答说, Then Bildad the Shuhite answered and said,

2. 这些话你要说到几时?口中的言语如狂风要到几时? How long will you speak these things? And how long will the words of our mouth be like a mighty wind?

3. 神岂能屈枉公理?全能者岂能屈枉公义? Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert righteousness?

4. 你的儿女若得罪祂,祂就任凭他们受自己过犯的掌握。 If your children have sinned against Him, He has delivered them into the hand of their transgression.

5. 你若殷勤的寻求神,向全能者恳求; If you seek earnestly after God And make supplication unto the Almighty,

6. 你若纯洁正直,祂必定为你兴起,使你公义的居所恢复兴旺。 If you are pure and upright, Then surely He will rouse Himself for you And restore well-being to your righteous habitation.

7. 你起初虽然微小,终久必甚昌大。 And though your beginning was small, Your end will be very great.

8. 请你查问前代,留意他们列祖所查究的。 For inquire now of the former generation, And attend to what their fathers have sought out.

9. (我们不过从昨日才有,一无所知,因为我们在地上的日子好像影儿。) For we are of yesterday and know nothing, Because our days upon the earth are a shadow.

10. 他们岂不指教你,告诉你,从心里发出言语呢? Will they not teach you and talk to you And utter forth words from their heart?

11. 蒲草没有泥沼,岂能生长?芦荻没有水,岂能发旺? Can papyrus shoot up without marsh? Can reeds grow without water?

12. 尚青的时候,还没有割下,就比百草先枯槁。 While it is still in its greenness and not cut down, It withers before all other grasses.

13. 凡忘记神的人,行径也是这样;不虔敬人的指望要灭没, So are the paths of all who forget God; And the hope of the profane perishes,

14. 他所仰赖的必折断,他所倚靠的是蜘蛛网。 Whose confidence is cut off, And whose trust is a spider's web.

15. 他倚靠自己的房屋,房屋却站立不住;他抓住房屋,房屋却不能留存。 He leans upon his house, but it will not stand; He holds fast to it, but it will not endure.

16. 他在日光之下满了汁浆,他的枝苗爬满了园子。 He is full of sap before the sun, And his shoots go forth over his garden.

17. 他的根盘绕石堆,扎入石地。 His roots are entwined around a stone heap; He looks upon a place of stones.

18. 若有人从本地将他拔除,那地就不认他,说,我没有见过你。 If one destroys him from his place, Then it denies him, saying, I have not seen you.

19. 看哪,这就是他道路中的喜乐;以后必另有人从尘土中发生。 Indeed, that is the joy of his way; And others spring forth out of the dust.

20. 看哪,神必不丢弃完全人,也不扶助作恶的人。 Indeed, God will not reject a perfect man, Nor will He support evildoers.

21. 祂还要以喜笑充满你的口,以欢呼充满你的嘴。 He will yet fill your mouth with laughter And your lips with shouting.

22. 恨恶你的要披戴惭愧,恶人的帐棚必归于无有。 Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, And the tent of the wicked will be no more.